The Motor Expo 2016 will go ahead as originally planned with activities appropriately amended plus stringent control over how pretties are attired and cancellation of “Smart Pretty Vote”. Promotions to return profits to visitors still remain to give away cars, a big bike and special prizes. 50,000 car bookings and about 50 billion Baht of total turnovers can be expected at the Expo.
Kwanchai Paphatphong Organizing Chairman of the 33rd Motor Expo confirms that the event this year will be held as originally scheduled while exhibitors are requested to cooperate by giving due consideration to the appropriateness of their activities, calling off any noisy/colourful lights and sounds shows with dancers and cancelling the “Smart Pretty Vote 2016”.
Car companies with pretties must submit their outfit scheme for approval by the Organizer prior to the start of the Motor Expo who will base his ruling on the apparel not being too scanty or too tight fit and skirts or pants must cover the knees. During the Motor Expo if a show is found to be precariously indecent the Organizer will give orders for it to be stopped immediately so that the overall image of the Motor Expo harmonizes with the feelings and sensitivities of the Thai people at this moment in time.
Car/Bike companies participating in the Motor Expo this year represent 36 brands of cars and 19 brands of motorcycles.
The 36 brands of cars are: ASTON MARTIN, AUDI, BMW, CARLSSON, CHANGAN, CHEVROLET, FORD, FOTON, HONDA, HYUNDAI, ISUZU, JAC, JAGUAR, JEEP, LAND ROVER, LEXUS, MAXUS, MAZDA, MERCEDES-BENZ, MG, MINI, MITSUBISHI, MOKE, NISSAN, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, RAYTTLE, ROLLS-ROYCE, SUBARU, SUZUKI, SWIFT, TATA, THAINA, TOYOTA, VOLKSWAGEN and VOLVO.
The 19 brands of motorcycles are: BENELLI, BMW, DUCATI, GPX, HARLEY-DAVIDSON, HONDA, KAWASAKI, KEEWAY, KTM, PIAGGIO, ROYAL ENFIELD, RYUKA, SCOMADI, STALLIONS, SUZUKI, TRIUMPH, UDA, VESPA and YAMAHA.
Activities to return profits to visitors still remain, viz. “Buy a Car Win a Car”, “Buy a Ticket Win a Car”, “SMS to Win a Car”, “Buy a Motorbike Win a Big Bike” and “Buy Merchandise to Win a Prize”.
1. “Buy a Car Win a Car” Anyone who buys or places an order for a new car at the Motor Expo will be entitled to contest for an MG GS 2.0T 2WD D worth 1,217,000 Baht.
2. “Buy a Ticket Win a Car” Any buyer of an Expo admission ticket is entitled to contest for a SUBARU FORESTER 2.0i worth 1,298,000 Baht.
3. “SMS to Win a Car” Just press *144 and make a call on TrueMove and TrueMove H network (6 Baht plus VAT each) or use a smartphone via Motor Expo App (6 Baht plus VAT each) to contest for a MITSUBISHI MIRAGE 1.2 GL 5MT worth 383,000 Baht and many special prizes.
4. “Buy a Motorbike Win a Big Bike” Anyone who buys or places an order for a new motorcycle at the Motor Expo will be entitled to contest for a YAMAHA MT-09 motorcycle worth 399,000 Baht.
5. “Buy Merchandise to Win a Prize” For every 1,000 Baht of merchandise purchase at a single vendor you will receive a coupon from the vendor to contest for a lot of prizes worth over 230,000 Baht altogether.
In addition, there will be other interesting activities such as “MOTOR EXPO PHOTO CONTEST 2016” on the subject of “Spotlight” to contest for a trophy and a Sony camera model A7II (Alpha ILCE-7M2K) with 28-70mm lens plus other prizes worth over 200,000 Baht altogether.
Bookings for cars are expected to be 50,000 units, for big bike about 3,000 units, and the number of visitors about 1.5 million, generating over 50 billion Baht of overall turnover at the Motor Expo.
“The 33rd Thailand International Motor Expo 2016” will be held at IMPACT Challenger 1-3, Muang Thong Thani from 1 to 12 December, 2016. Further details are available at http://www.motorexpo.co.th